DTF Film Technology And Application
DTF film, also known as DTF film，is a type of material used for decorative purposes on various surfaces, including fabrics, garments, ceramics, glass, and more. It is commonly used in the textile and printing industries to create custom designs, logos, or patterns on different items.
DTF printing, meaning direct to film printing, is the process of transferring an image to fabric. It is similar to DTG printing, as in direct to garment printing, but it is a slightly different process with a different type of printer. DTF technology is used for the creation of printed apparel of all kinds from shirts to hats to pants and more.
DTF printing can transfer any kind of image including artwork, photographs, logos, designs, and more to fabric, which is not only limited to apparel.
DTF Printing Allows You To Create:
T-shirts: One of the most common items created by DTF printing is t-shirts. Always in high demand, T-shirts can be made for a variety of purposes from schools to sports to other organizations.
Pockets on hoodies or shirts. Printing on a T-shirt may be easy, but when you want the design on the pocket of a t-shirt or the front pocket of a hoodie sweatshirt, DTF printing can help you print on these hard to target areas of garments.
Hats: From baseball caps and trucker hats to other styles, hats can be difficult to print on without damaging them. DTF printing makes it possible to print logos and designs on hats with challenging shapes.
Printed tags: Many apparel companies are opting for printed tags on the inside of their clothing products, and DTF printing is one way to achieve this.
Shorts/pants: Not much different from T-Shirts and other apparel, DTF printing allows logos and designs to be printed on shorts or pants.
Bags: DTF can print on tote bags, fanny packs, purses, drawstring bags, and many other types of bags.
Flags/Banners: DTF printing doesn’t have to be limited to wearable fabrics. Other items like flags, banners, and tablecloths can be printed on, for events and fairs.
Any other fabric items: There are no limitations to what DTF printing can create in terms of garments and apparel.
DTF Film Advantages
1. High color fastness, soft hand feeling, good elasticity, and good washing fastness.
2. Resistance to rubbing, hand washing, machine washing does not fade, strong weather resistance.
3. It is resistant to ultraviolet rays and sunlight, and does not fade.
4. Environmentally friendly raw materials, without any discomfort in contact with the skin, and no harm to the skin.
5. It is suitable for making personalized products.
How to use DTF PET Film:
1. Print the design
2. After printing, let stand 1-2 minutes (the print results are not clear)
3. Sprinkle the powder onto the printed design. Make sure it is evenly distributed to all sides of the print.
4. Powder can be heated by press machine/oven/flash curing (Setting with oven temperature 125 degrees 5 minutes)
5. After the powder has melted like an orange peel, remove the remaining powder that sticks outside the image area
6. Next, pre-heat the shirt to the temperature of 160 degrees for 10 seconds then let it cool
7. After it cools off, put the PET film DTF on the t-shirt.
8. Press again 15 seconds for finishing, Done
DTF film is widely used. It can be used in sportswear, T-shirts, advertising shirts, group clothing, children’s clothing, bags, shoes and hats, etc.
The process of applying DTF Film typically involves the following steps:
1. Design creation: The desired design or pattern is created digitally using graphic design software or obtained from pre-existing designs.
2. Cutting: The DTF Film is cut into the desired shape or design using a plotter or a computer-controlled cutting machine.
3. Preparing the surface: The surface where the DTF Film will be applied needs to be clean and free from any dust, oils, or other contaminants that may affect the adhesion.
4. Heat transfer: The cut DTF Film is positioned on the desired surface, and heat and pressure are applied using a heat press machine. The heat activates the adhesive on the film, causing it to bond with the surface.
5. Peeling and finishing: Once the heat transfer process is complete, the carrier sheet or liner is peeled off, leaving the film adhered to the surface. Some DTF Films require a cold peel, while others need a hot peel. After peeling, the surface is usually cooled before use.
DTF fer film applications offer a versatile and customizable way to decorate and personalize various items. From customizing apparel and accessories to adding branding elements on promotional items, DTF Film provides a durable and vibrant solution for creating unique designs.